International Conference “The Economy of the 21st Century - Crises, transformations and sustainability”
12 May 2023, Sofia
NEW BULGARIAN UNIVERSITY - Department of Economics
UNION OF THE ECONOMISTS IN BULGARIA
Economic and financial crises, pandemics, wars and conflicts have exacerbated long-standing economic and social problems in Europe and the world. They have had significant negative impact on the economic growth, the trade, the employment, the financial system, the environment, and the human well-being. The adverse economic and social effects and risks to the European and global economy will continue in the coming years. The need for innovative and long-term solutions to economic and social problems and rethinking and changing the existing economic and social models comes to the fore.
The purpose of the conference is to continue and deepen the discussion on achieving sustainable and inclusive growth. The main highlights will be: the green and energy transition, the digitalization of economies and the risks associated with them, as well as the problems and opportunities facing businesses and institutions, the changes in the international integration processes and the regionalization.
Section "International Economics - Markets and Policies"
Scope of the section: international trade; international finance; regionalization and globalization; global value chains; international integration and integration communities; international competitiveness; public policies in highly-open economies; central banks and monetary policies; international financial organizations; energy policies; environmental policies.
Scope of the section: financial management and corporate finance; risk management; fintech; innovations in financial intermediation; policies and strategies in the financial sector; internationalization in the financial sector.
Scope of the section: innovations in marketing policies and strategies; corporate internationalization strategies; strategic management; sectoral policies.
Scope of the section: accounting standards, innovations in accounting reporting; accounting policies; risk assessment in accounting and auditing; external and internal controls.
Scope of the section: scientific and empirical papers by students of the Department of Economics, NBU.
Prof. Ivanka Daneva, Ph.D., NBU
Prof. Ivan Boevsky, Ph.D.
Prof. D.Sc. Neno Pavlov, Union of Economists in Bulgaria
Prof. Tatiana Hubenova-Delisivkova, Ph.D., Union of Economists in Bulgaria
Dr. Simona Poladian, Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy
Dr. Iulia Monica Oehler-Sincai, Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy
Assoc. Prof. Reneta Dimitrova, Ph.D., NBU
Assoc. Prof. Stanislava Georgieva, Ph.D., NBU
Assoc. Prof. Nadezhda Dimova, Ph.D., NBU
Assoc. Prof. Dimitar Blagoev, Ph.D., UNWE, Union of Economists in Bulgaria
Assoc. Prof. Reneta Dimitrova, Ph.D.
Assoc. Prof. Tsvetelina Marinova, Ph.D.
Ch. Assist. Prof. Ralitsa Dimitrova, Ph.D.
Ch. Assist. Prof. Elena Spasova, Ph.D.
Ch. Assist. Prof. Krasimir Kostenarov, Ph.D.
04/24/2023 - Submission of participation requests
04/28/2023 – Confirmation of acceptance of the proposed papers
05/09/2023 – Delivery of the conference program
12/05/2023 – Registration of the participants at the NBU, plenary session and presentations by sections
INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
- Requests for participation in the conference and an abstract (up to 1 page) of the paper in Bulgarian and/or English should be sent by 24/04/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application form can be downloaded from here .
- Applicants will receive an e-mail confirmation of participation by 28.04.2023.
- The full papers must be sent electronically by 12.06.2023 to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Complete requirements for formatting and submitting papers will be sent to authors upon receipt of the application form.
- The maximum number of papers that each author can present at the conference (alone or in co-authorship) is two.
- Conference papers will be peer-reviewed and indexed in CEEOL.
- The conference will be held in a hybrid format at the New Bulgarian University and through the zoom platform
- The registration of the participants will take place at the New Bulgarian University on 12.05.2023 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Opening of the conference – 9.30 a.m. on 12.05.2023.
- Working languages: Bulgarian and English.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PAPERS
The technical requirements for the papers can be downloaded here .
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “THE ECONOMY OF THE XXI CENTURY – CORPORATE, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL”
Sofia, 27th of September 2017
NEW BULGARIAN UNIVERSITY – Department of Economics
Prof. Antony Slavinski – President of the Board of Trustees NBU
Prof. Plamen Bochkov, PhD – Rector of NBU
Assist. Prof. Kiril Avramov, Ph.D – Vice Rector for International relations and Research
Prof. dr. Gunnar Prause - Tallinn University of Technology
Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Jürgen Plöhn – EBC Hochschule Hamburg
Professor Radoslav Tsonchev, PhD
Professor Sabina Rakarova, PhD
Professor Ivanka Daneva, PhD
Associate Professor Reneta Dimitrova, PhD
Associate Professor Stanisslava Georgieva, PhD
Associate Professor Stefan Stefanov, PhD
Associate Professor Nadejda Dimova, PhD
Associate Professor Ivan Boevski, PhD
Assistant Professor Ralitsa Dimitrova, PhD – President
Professor Ivanka Daneva, PhD
Associate Professor Reneta Dimitrova, PhD
Assistant Professor Nigokhos Kanaryan, PhD
Assistant Professor Tsvetelina Marinova, PhD
Assistant Professor Krasimir Kostenarov, PhD
Assistant Professor Emil Kalchev, PhD
Assistant Professor Stephania Temelkova, PhD
Assistant Professor Irena Nikolova, PhD
Assistant Professor Dimitar Trendafilov, PhD
Assistant Professor Nadya Nenkova, PhD
Assistant Professor Elena Spassova, PhD
- Economic growth, policies and societal development
- Financial markets, innovations and regulations
- Innovations in marketing and marketing of innovations
- Corporate finances and accounting
- Student session
TOPICS FROM ALL AREAS OF ECONOMICS, FINANCES AND ACCOUNTING ARE ACCEPTED:
Micro-and macro risks in the economy.
Financial institutions and markets.
Accounting as an information system.
Internal control and auditing.
Financial analysis in the context of the effective management.
Mergers & Acquisitions, corporate restructuring.
Market structures analysis and market regulation.
Mathematical modelling application in economic research.
17th of July – 1st of September 2017 – Submission of applications for participation 5th of September 2017 – Receipt confirmation and application approval
18th of September 2017 – Participation fee payment
20th of September 2017 – Distribution of the conference programme to all the participants
27th of September 2017 – Registration of conference participants, plenary session and thematic sessions discussions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
- Applications for participation and an abstract (up to 1 page) of the proposed paper in English are to be sent till 1st of September 2017 at the e-mail address indicated in the application form.
- The application form could be downloaded from here.
- Application approval and confirmation for participation will be sent by 05th of September 2017 at the provided e-mail address.
- The final versions of the papers are to be sent in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of October 2017.
- Complete instructions on the requirements for formatting and submitting the papers will be sent to the authors in a .doc file form after receipt of the application for participation.
- Participants are allowed to participate, individually or in co-authorship, with not more than two papers.
- Abstracts in Bulgarian and English will be published in hard copy. Papers will be published in electronic conference proceedings, which will be sent to the participants. Each author will be provided with one copy of the proceedings /electronic format/.
- Registration of the participants will take place at the New Bulgarian University on 27th of September 2017 from 8:30 to 9:30.
- Conference Opening, welcoming speeches and plenary session – at 9:30, 27th of September 2017.
- Participation fee: EUR 130 per participant to be transferred to the NBU bank account by 18th of September 2017.
- Co-authors shall pay the full amount of the fee.
- Working languages: Bulgarian and English
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
Beneficiary name and address: New Bulgarian University, 21 Montivideo Blvd, Sofia 1618, BULGARIA
Bank name: UBB, St.Sofia Branch
Details of the payment: Conference, The Economy of the 21st Century.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FORMATTING THE PAPERS
The technical requirements for formatting the papers are available for downloading at this link.
To be announced.